How to Find the Perfect Gift Idea
Category : Gifts
In order to find the perfect gift idea, you must first know your recipient. You must know his or her likes and dislikes, favorites, and moods. Without this type of knowledge, you will have a difficult time narrowing down all the available gift ideas.
The best gift ideas are the gift ideas that come from the heart. The perfect gift is the one that shows you care enough about the recipient to put some thought and effort into choosing the gift. There are several things to consider when considering gift suggestions.
• Your Budget- Setting a firm amount to spend on your recipient from the beginning enables you to narrow down the gift ideas for your recipient.
• The Occasion- Is this an important milestone or an important holiday? For example, the 30th Birthday is more important than the 28th.
• The Relationship- What type of relationship do you have with the recipient? Do you have an intimate relationship as you would with a spouse, sibling, parent, or best friend? Or are you searching for agift suggestion for co-workers or relatives you do not share a close bond with?
Once you have decided on the budget, occasion, and relationship, you are ready to narrow down your gift idea for your recipient.
What Makes a Great Gift Idea?
The best gift ideas, as mentioned before, are ones that show you care. Is the recipient a fan of sports? Taking the hobbies and interests of the person receiving the gift into consideration is very important. You wouldn’t want to give someone who enjoys gardening a book on cooking.
Stop for a moment and think. Have you ever received a gift that made you wonder if the giver knew anything about you at all? A gift that you would never use or display? Think about how that made you feel.
A great gift doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, when shopping for the person “who has everything,” an inexpensive keepsake may be the answer to a gift-giving dilemma. Of course, value is often in the “eye and mind of the beholder.” A personalized keepsake may mean more to the recipient than the most expensive of gifts. Even if your recipient seems to have everything, there is some sort of unique gift that can be purchased.
Gift ideas for people who have everything include donations made in their names to favorite charities, adopt-an-animal, purchasing stars, or dedicating trees and benches in parks in their names. I address many of these gift-giving quandaries here on my “Online Gift Idea” pages. You’ll find suggestions for every budget and for every possible gift-giving scenario.
Online gift ideas are often the best gift ideas. The Internet puts the world at your fingertips. Do you have someone who has always wanted to travel to distant lands? You can order gifts from anywhere in the world via the Internet. Souvenirs and exotic gifts are only a mouse click away. You can even give the gift of a foreign language through foreign language lessons.
A Simple Present Versus a Keepsake
What exactly is a keepsake gift? A keepsake gift is one the recipient will treasure forever, keep, and hand down to another generation. Most keepsake gifts tie into memories and emotions. The difference between a simple present and a keepsake gift is never related to money. Instead, it is related to thought and the heart. Consider these simple gifts that with a little thought and just a bit more effort became keepsakes.
• A baby blanket bought at a local store is a simple present. Stitch the baby’s name and date of birth on the blanket and the blanket is now a keepsake.
• A photo album gifted to a recent graduate is a simple present. Personalize the photo album by having friends and family members place notes and pictures of their memories of the graduate in the photo album and it is now a keepsake.
• Giving flowers is a simple present. Having those flowers placed in an engraved vase with the date and the names of all the children is a keepsake gift.
In addition, the power of the presentation of the gift should not be overlooked. An intimate gift to a spouse or significant other should be presented with low lights and soft music playing. Don’t under-estimate the power of wrapping paper.
Consider wrapping a gift in something other than traditional wrapping paper. Wrap a gift for a baby in a fluffy receiving blanket. Antique lace found at a vintage store is a unique wrapping method for a gift for a parent. Wrap a gift idea for a sports fan in his favorite team jersey.
Remember, if you are having trouble finding a great online gift idea for your special person, you can always send me a personal email and I will reply to you with other online gift ideas. Together, you and I can find the perfect gift for your recipient. I guarantee you will be able to find a unique, personal gift that comes from your heart, regardless of how large or small your budget.